Sunday, February 21, 2010

What's For Dinner?


Homemade macaroni and cheese is so worth the effort. Yum.

I only recently started creating a weekly meal plan. In the past, I would buy some staples for our household, and then make whatever struck my fancy. It helps that my husband and I have very open tastes and like variety. Our family has grown however, and each little member has become slightly more opinionated. It's no fun to cook dinner when only one of the four people you are cooking for will actually eat the food. In the past I could walk up to the store nearby and pick up a missing ingredient quite easily, but not so much anymore. It has really helped my budget and sanity to have our dinners slightly more organized. If I want to change things up it's fine, but at least I have a fall-back meal with ingredients on hand. It helps me to balance our family tastes to see it all on paper as well.
This week....
Monday: BBQ shredded pork sandwiches and cole slaw
Tuesday: Baked macaroni and cheese, side of steamed broccoli
Wednesday: Pork quesadillas (with leftovers) and garden salad
Thursday: Seasoned chicken breast with roasted cabbage and carrots.
Friday: Swedish meatballs, buttered noodles, peas
Saturday: Tilapia in white wine with capers, double-baked potatoes and sautéed spinach
Sunday: Roast chicken, crispy rosemary potatoes, fresh green beans



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment